Protect Yourself &
Boost Your Commissions
E&O Insurance for California Real Estate Professionals
Policies Starting at $739
Portable E&O with Superior Protection, Legal Services, and Seller’s E&O to Drive More Listings!
CRES Real Estate E&O + ClaimPrevent® includes more coverage — and more for your investment:
- Legal Advisory Services included 7 days a week — local expert real estate attorneys are on call to ask questions, prepare letters or addenda, review contracts, and more
- Seller’s E&O — $25,000 E&O coverage to provide to your sellers (for residential real estate). Gives you a competitive advantage to attract more listings and boost commissions!
- 25 FREE Building Permit History Reports — so you can help your buyers and sellers confirm the existence or absence of permits.
- More specific-to-real-estate coverage — add Open House and Showings coverage, and coverage for all real estate activities including property management, appraisals, commercial sales or leasing, mortgage brokering, and more. (It’s not a generic E&O policy used for many industries — you’ll customize it for your specific activities.)
Your coverage is portable, so no matter what company you work for, we’ve got you covered.
Why Invest in Your Own Errors and Omissions Insurance?
Even if you think you’re covered under your real estate company’s E&O policy . . .
- Your own policy ensures you don’t have coverage “gaps”. If you leave the company, your broker goes out of business, sells the business, stops making E&O payments, or doesn’t renew the E&O policy, you could be left unprotected. That will create a gap in E&O coverage for you — leaving you unprotected for past transactions (and current transactions until you get new E&O coverage). Can you really afford that risk?
- Your CRES E&O policy puts you first. Your company could exhaust its E&O claim limits for the year — leaving you to cover your own legal and judgment expenses. Or your broker could decide to hire an attorney — and bill you for the cost in the case of a lawsuit. (Yes, it does happen.) Your CRES E&O policy goes with you and protects you and your assets first, no matter what.
- You ensure your personal assets aren’t at risk. The average real estate lawsuit costs over $40,000 — with some costing in the millions. Every day that you talk with potential buyers and sellers without having E&O protection, you put yourself at tremendous risk. Even frivolous lawsuits, where you actually did nothing wrong, can cost you tends of thousands of dollars just to defend yourself. You have car insurance to protect yourself whether you caused the accident or not, don’t you?
- You can customize your policy to cover your specific real estate activities. In addition to covering residential real estate sales, you can add coverage for: property management, appraisals, commercial sales or leasing, transaction coordinator, BPOs, and mortgage brokering. We also cover title company personnel. Don’t risk being unprotected for real estate activities you do every day, with a generic E&O policy!
- Have Pre-Claim Legal Advice available 7 days a week. Your CRES real estate E&O policy includes Risk Management – Legal Advisory Services. Talk with a local legal expert to help you proactively resolve small issues before they turn into problems. You’ll get a guaranteed response within 4 hours or by next business day, with recommendations confirmed in writing! When have you ever had expert real estate attorneys on call — at no extra charge?
- Boost Your Commissions! With the Seller’s Protection Plan (SPP), you’ll attract more listings. You’ll have a unique competitive advantage when you can give your sellers their own E&O coverage. What if offering Seller’s E&O Protection to a potential seller could help you get just one more listing? The commission on that additional listing would more than pay for the cost of your E&O for the entire year. Learn more
- Receive 25 Free Building Permit History Reports (a $99.95 value). Show potential buyers the presence or absence of permits right on your phone — and reduce your out-of-pocket claims costs by $2,500. 25 FREE Building Permit History Reports per policy year and discounts on additional reports. Learn more
- Cover Open Houses and Showings. What happens if someone falls or something is damaged during your next open house or showing? You could be liable for thousands of dollars in medical bills, or the costs of repairs or replacement. Add Contingent Liability coverage to protect yourself for something you may do every day! Learn more
- Reduce Your Out-of-Pocket Claims Costs. Provide a CRES home warranty* from Fidelity National Home Warranty, Old Republic Home Protection, or First American Home Warranty Corporation (FAHW). You’ll increase your Seller’s E&O up to $50,000, help the listing sell faster and for more money, and eliminate your E&O out-of-pocket claims expense*.
Get a Quote & Buy Online — Policies Starting at $739
Get an online quote any time, buy when you’re ready, and get proof of coverage immediately. If you have any questions, call 858.618.1648 anytime for prompt, personal assistance.
* Seller’s E&O coverage and other benefits are feature based and warranty specific. Read each policy for a full comparison of coverage and benefits. All coverage is subject to Underwriting and other qualifications. The E&O Retention (Out-of-Pocket Claims Expense) Reduction applies to any real estate licensed Real Estate Agents Alliance Purchasing Group (“REAAPG”) or Real Estate Services Council Risk Purchasing Group, LLC. (“RESCRPG”) member who personally pays for the Home Warranty Plan. These benefits are offered by, and intended for, the members of REAAPG or RESCRPG. REAAPG or RESCRPG membership is part of your CRES E&O policy. Other warranties may also qualify for an E&O Retention Reduction, but only those warranties listed here are guaranteed to qualify. Not available in all states. Certain restrictions apply.
Why Do I Need Individual E&O?
Learn why you may not be fully covered even under a Firm Policy.
Watch our video to learn why you get more for less with CRES.