Skip to content

Access to a Wider Array of Surety Bonds for Mortgage Brokers and Escrow Companies

For most mortgage brokers, your state likely requires you to have a license  ̶  and purchase your own surety bond as a condition of the license. If your state uses escrow, your escrow office likely needs a surety or fidelity bond.

When you purchase your surety bond, you’ll agree to adhere to the rules and regulations of your state.

The bond provides compensation for clients that may be harmed financially due to misleading or fraudulent lending or escrow  practices. A consumer may make a claim against the bond, and if successful, the bond company will compensate the consumer for their losses. The mortgage broker or escrow company will then repay the amount of the consumer’s losses to the bond company.

Surety Bond Overview

Your Surety Bond premium will usually be paid annually. The premium can range from 1% to 7% of the bond amount, depending on the strength of your credit.

The amount of the bond required by your state may depend on the number of brokers or escrow agents  covered, and the amount of mortgage loans originated in the previous year, or your escrow liability.

Buy Your Bond Online

Buying a Surety Bond is easier than ever thanks to our partnership with Surety Solutions, the bond experts (who are a part of Arthur J. Gallagher, like CRES). You can now get a quote and bind your bond, all online.

Just click the link below, enter your information, and follow the screens.

Not sure what type of bond you need? Have questions or issues with the application? Contact Alli Davis at Surety Solutions. She also handles Surety Bonds previously issued through CRES:

Email Alli or call 503-967-1675

*Read each surety bond agreement for full details. Certain restrictions apply. All coverage is subject to Underwriting and other qualifications.

Back To Top