Louisiana Real Estate Errors and Omissions Insurance
3 New Louisiana E&O Options to Revolutionize Real Estate E&O
NEW 2023 RENEWAL DEADLINE: 9/30/22
- Base Protection plan: from $70
- Superior Protection plan: from $125
- Platinum Protection Bundle: from $264
RENEW BY 9/30/22 for 2023 — with 3 Better E&O Protection Plans
Now you can choose from 3 new options that each offer superior coverage — tailored to the amount of business you do.
CRES Real Estate E&O + ClaimPrevent® is completely changing Louisiana E&O:
✅ Base Protection if you have no transactions in the last 12 months requiring a real estate license.
$100,000/$500,000 coverage – starting at $70!
✅ Superior Protection: With $200,000 MORE coverage than the state group policy.
$100,000/$500,000 coverage – from $125
✅ Platinum Protection Bundle: broadest coverage and higher limits for those doing more volume. Includes all optional coverages.
$500,000/$500,000 or $1 million/$1 million coverage limits – from $264 or $364
Every plan is guaranteed to meet 100% of LREC requirements.
Every plan includes Pre-Claim Legal Services 7 days a week to help prevent everyday issues from escalating into lawsuits. You’ll have access to local expert real estate attorneys for questions, writing or reviewing letters and addendums, contract review, and more.
Every plan meets or exceeds the “bare bones” coverage of the state group plan (by 10 to 20 times!) . . .
Base Protection Plan and Superior Protection Plan
- $100,000 Lock Box Property Damage
- $100,000 or sales price (whichever less) Environmental/Pollution including Mold
- $50,000 Cyber coverage for data breach
- $30,000 Subpoena coverage
- $20,000 – $50,000 Disciplinary Hearings coverage
- Agent-Owned Property sales for vacation or rental properties to four-plex
- Conformity Endorsement coverage — this amends your Louisiana E&O policy (for Louisiana residents), so that it also conforms to any E&O requirements in other states where you hold a valid real estate license.
- Firm and Franchise Coverage
- First Dollar Defense (no out-of-pocket costs if legal fees only)
- Defense Outside the Limits (additional limit for defense costs)
- Prior Acts coverage for as long as you’ve maintained continuous real estate E&O insurance (with any company).
Compared to State Group Plan
20x more coverage!
10x more protection!
10x more coverage!
12x more coverage!
8x more coverage!
Optional coverage: $25,000 Seller’s E&O Protection Plan – just $5. $100,000 Open House and Showings coverage – just $8. $250,000 Open House and Showings coverage just $11. Fair Housing/Discrimination Damages and Defense (to policy limits of $500,000) – just $8. $500,000 Pollution/Environmental (including mold) – just $4.
Platinum Protection Bundle
Includes ALL OF THE COVERAGE ABOVE, including all of the options:
- $250,000 Open House and Showings
- Fair Housing/Discrimination Damages and Defense (to policy limits) — 20 to 40 times the coverage of the state group plan!
- $500,000 Environmental/Mold
- $25,000 Sellers Protection Plan
Get an Incredible Amount of Coverage + More Included Extras with ALL CRES Plans
- Give your sellers up to $50,000 in Seller’s E&O Protection Plan (and eliminate your out-of-pocket claims cost) when you purchase a CRES Qualified Home Warranty from Old Republic Home Protection.*
- 25 Free CRES Building Permit History Reports (a $99.95 value) per year. Plus you’ll save on additional reports. Give a Report to your buyer and eliminate your out-of-pocket claims costs! A CRES Exclusive
- $1,000 retention (out-of-pocket claims expense) — eliminate it by giving a Building Permit History Report to a buyer or purchasing a CRES Qualified Home Warranty.*
- Discounts to Office Depot®, Constant Contact® Email, Lenovo® PC Products, UPS® shipping, even Bekins® and Wheaton Van Lines moving discounts you can offer to your clients.
CRES is a FAR better protection choice than the state group policy for most licensees in Louisiana — and has been for more than 25 years. And CRES E&O is guaranteed to meet or exceed all LREC requirements.
Choose a separate policy to cover your Appraisal or Transaction Coordinator activities.
In Every Plan
- One rate covers all of your activities for which a real estate license is required!
- Prior acts are covered for as long as you’ve maintained continuous Errors and Omissions insurance (with any carrier)
Get More Information
You may be eligible for CRES E&O even if you have past complaints or claims.
Cover your Appraisal or Transaction Coordinator activities under a separate policy.
Upon purchasing a policy, you’ll receive a separate email from us with your Declarations page and an already completed LREC Independent Coverage form. Sign the form and fax both documents to LREC. LREC will collect your $7 fee as part of your online license renewal, so there is no longer a need to mail them your forms or a check.
* Comparison as of 6-27-22 based on base policy cost for licensees performing activities requiring a license.Seller’s E&O coverage and other benefits are feature-based and warranty specific. The E&O Retention (Out-of-Pocket Claims Expense) Reduction applies to any real estate licensed Real Estate Services Council Risk Purchasing Group, LLC. (“RESCRPG”) member who personally pays for the Home Warranty Plan. These benefits are offered by, and intended for, the members of RESCRPG. RESCRPG membership is part of your CRES E&O policy. Other warranties may also qualify for an E&O Retention Reduction, but only those warranties listed here are guaranteed to qualify. Not available in all states. Certain restrictions apply. Read each policy for a full comparison of coverage and benefits. All coverage is subject to Underwriting and other qualifications.