Colorado Real Estate Errors & Omissions (E&O) Insurance
Deadline to Renew: December 31, 2019
5 Times the Coverage Per Claim – 5 to 16 Times the Protection in These Key Areas — for $49 Less*
|CRES Real Estate Errors and Omissions
|Legal Advisory Services included 7 days a week||No help pre-claim|
|$500,000 policy limit for Fair Housing/Discrimination||$30k|
|$500,000 policy limit for Lock Box Property Damage||$100k/$300k|
|$500,000 or sales price whichever less for Pollution||$10k/$20k (extra fee)|
|$25,000 Seller’s E&O||Not offered|
|$100,000 for Open House and Showings||Not offered|
|$50,000 Cyber coverage||Not offered|
|$30,000 Subpoena coverage||$5k|
|$20,000 – $50,000 Disciplinary Hearings coverage||$2.5k|
|Agent-Owned SFRs to fourplex||Primary residence only|
Plus the opportunity to gain more listings and boost commissions with Seller’s E&O — included in your policy. Your first additional listing will pay for your entire year’s Colorado E&O!
- Get 5 times the individual claim coverage to $500,000 (over the state program)! Plus $200,000 MORE coverage than the state program for all claims for the year. (This same $500,000 coverage would cost you $358 more with the state program!)
- Plus Legal Advisory Services 7 days a week to help prevent small issues from turning into lawsuits.
- Fair Housing/Discrimination coverage to your $500,000 policy limit (the state only covers you for $30k) – that’s 16 times the coverage!
- Lock Box Property Damage to your $500,000 policy limit (the state covers $100k per claim) – that’s 5 times the coverage!
- Pollution / Environmental – coverage up to most recent sales price or $500,000 limit (whichever is less) – versus $10k per claim. Plus, CRES includes coverage for mold, which the state program doesn’t even cover.
- Open House and Showings – Up to $100,000 in coverage for property damage and injuries that occur during selling activities. The state program DOES NOT include this! (Did you realize your non-CRES E&O may not cover this everyday activity?)
- $50,000 in Cyber coverage for client notification costs due to a data/security breach (which the state program doesn’t even offer, even though new scams are appearing every day). Individual brokers are being targeted by hackers and scammers, and we want you to be protected.
- $30,000 in Subpoena coverage – versus $5k per incident – 6 times the coverage!
- $20,000-$50,000 per enrollment period for Disciplinary Proceedings assistance – versus $2.5k – at least 8 times the coverage!
- Agent-Owned Property coverage for SFRs up to fourplex – versus only your primary residence with the state program.
- Conformity Endorsement coverage – if you are a Colorado resident, this endorsement amends your Colorado policy to conform to E&O requirements of other states where you hold a valid real estate license. Additional cost with the state program.
- PLUS, our Colorado policies have ALWAYS included: No out-of-pocket costs for claims where only attorney’s fees are paid, Firm and Franchise coverage, and Prior Acts coverage for as long as you’ve maintained continuous real estate E&O insurance. Your CRES E&O also includes coverage for ALL activities requiring a license.
With CRES, you’ll enjoy AN INCREDIBLE LEVEL OF COVERAGE – and MORE INCLUDED SERVICES — for $49 Less*:
- Give your sellers an extra $50,000 in Seller’s E&O with a CRES Qualified Home Warranty from Fidelity National Home Warranty or First American Home Warranty.* Learn more
- 25 Free CRES Building Permit History Reports (a $99.95 value), included with your policy each year, with discounted pricing available on additional reports. A CRES Exclusive
- $1,000 retention (out-of-pocket claims expense) – that can be eliminated by using CRES Qualified Home Warranties. And no out-of-pocket claims expense for claims where only attorney’s fees are paid.*
CRES is a FAR better protection option than the State program for most licensees in Colorado. We know the risks when you primarily perform residential real estate services – that’s why we include SIGNIFICANTLY MORE coverage than the state program.
With your CRES Real Estate E&O + ClaimPrevent® policy, you’ll have local expert real estate attorneys available 7 days a week. Ask questions, have them write or review letters and addendums, review contracts, and more – to help you actually PREVENT claims.
You may be eligible even if you have past complaints or claims.
Only pay for what you do. As required by DORA, our policies cover all real estate activities requiring a license. Our base pricing is for Residential services. If you’ve received compensation for Commercial services in the past 12 months just add $22. You’ll still save over the state program!
*Comparison as of 10-15-19 based on base policy cost for licensees performing activities requiring a license. Read each policy for a full comparison of coverage and benefits. All coverage is subject to Underwriting and other qualifications. The E&O Out-of-Pocket Cost (Retention) Reduction applies to any real estate licensed Real Estate Services Council Risk Purchasing Group, LLC. (“RESCRPG”) or Real Estate Agents Alliance Purchasing Group, LLC (“REAAPG”) member who personally pays for the Home Warranty Plan. These benefits are offered by, and intended for, the members of RESCRPG or REAAPG. RESCRPG or REAAPG membership is part of your CRES E&O policy. Other warranties may also qualify for an E&O Retention Reduction, but only those warranties listed here are guaranteed to qualify. Not available in all states. Certain restrictions apply.
Low Cost Optional Coverage
|Increase Limits to $1M/$1M Liability||Add $15|
|Defense Outside Limits||Add $8|
|Cyber Liability Expanded Coverage||Add $35|
CRES vs. State Program
Watch our video to learn why you get more for less with CRES. Watch our video to learn why you get more for less with CRES.