Rhode Island Individual Mandatory Real Estate E&O Insurance
A Better Choice for Lower-Risk RI Real Estate Licensees: Where You Pay Less
CRES is a better option than the Rhode Island State program for most licensees – because the State program takes everyone, but CRES focuses on lower-risk licensees who primarily perform residential real estate services. Because our risk is lower, we can keep our costs low – and include more coverage and services you won’t get with the State program.
Plus, Rhode Island Department of Business Regulation (RIDBR) requires only a one-year policy, so why pay more for a two-year policy with the State program?
Your CRES Real Estate E&O + ClaimPrevent® policy includes access to expert local real estate attorneys available 7 days a week – for questions, writing or reviewing letters and addendums, contract review, and more – to help you actually PREVENT claims.
You may be eligible even if you have past complaints or claims.
With CRES, you’ll enjoy MORE COVERAGE – and MORE INCLUDED SERVICES:
- $500,000/$500,000 limits – plus a separate optional $500,000 limit for defense costs. A CRES Exclusive
- Legal Advisory Services – Call on our team of local expert attorneys, available 7 days a week, to help you proactively resolve small issues before they turn into big problems. A CRES Innovation
- Data Breach – $5,000 in coverage to notify clients of a data breach
- 25 FREE Permit History Reports (a $99.95 value), included with your policy each year, with discounted pricing available on additional reports. A CRES Exclusive
- $1,000 retention (out-of-pocket claims expense) – that can be reduced or even eliminated by using CRES Building Permit History Reports. And no out-of-pocket claims expense for claims where only attorneys’ fees are paid.
- Higher included coverage limits than the State program for Lockbox Property Damage and Escrow Disputes
Only pay for what you do. As required by RIDBR, our policies cover all real estate activities requiring a license. Our base pricing is for Residential services. If you’ve received compensation for Commercial services in the past 12 months just add $22 — still less than the State program.
As a lower-risk licensee, you SHOULD pay less. Why not get your real estate E&O in place today – and enjoy more coverage and services, for the lower price you’ve earned.
Per RIDBR, a certificate of E&O coverage needs to be filed with your annual license renewal. It does not need to be a 2 year E&O policy.
You don’t buy your auto insurance a year early, so why pay for 2 years of E&O now?
*Comparison as of 12-28-16 based on base policy cost for licensees performing activities requiring a license. Savings comparison assumes online purchase where state program charges a $5 convenience fee and CRES does not. Read each policy for a full comparison of coverage and benefits. All coverage is subject to Underwriting and other qualifications.
Low Cost Optional Coverage
|Agent-Owned Property||Add $4|
|Firm & Franchise Coverage||Add $4|
|Seller’s E&O Coverage||Add $5|
|Pollution/Environmental Coverage||Add $4|
|“Open House/Showings”, Bodily Injury and Property Damage||Add $8|
|Fair Housing/Discrimination Defense and Indemnity||Add $8|
|Increase Limits to $1M/$1M Liability||Add $15|
|Appraiser/Mortgage Broker||Add $15|
|Conformity Endorsement||Add $15|
|Broad Form Coverage||Add $20|
CRES vs. State Program
Watch our video to learn why you get more for less with CRES. Watch our video to learn why you get more for less with CRES.