Workers’ Compensation Coverage

Most states require employers to provide workers’ compensation (workers’ comp) coverage for their employees. Some, like California, also require coverage for real estate agents. Check the specifics in the state where you do business.

Workers’ comp provides benefits to employees for work-related injuries. Coverage includes medical costs and a portion of lost wages. This type of policy also protects companies from being sued by employees for work-related injuries.

California Requirements 

California state law requires that all real estate agents, independent contractors, and 1099 employees are covered under a workers’ compensation insurance policy provided by the employing broker.

If you are found to be operating without workers’ compensation coverage, a stop order will be issued prohibiting the use of employee labor until coverage is obtained, and you can be fined up to $100,000.

In California, competitive rates start at 25 cents per $100 of payroll for the real estate class and 27 cents per $100 for the mortgage brokering class.

With access to multiple carriers, you can get your workers’ compensation insurance at the best possible rate.

Let’s Get Started

Here are 3 reasons why real estate agents shouldn’t make representations about permits and how to more safely handl… Are you using home warranties that include the Seller's Protection Plan? The CRES Advantage Fidelity National 13-Mo…