CRES California Real Estate E&O + ClaimPrevent® includes more coverage — and more for your investment:
- Seller’s E&O Protection Plan gives you a unique competitive advantage to offer potential sellers and win listings!
- 25 FREE CRES Building Permit History Reports — helps your buyers and sellers confirm the existence or absence of permits. Provide a Report to a buyer before closing and reduce your out-of-pocket claims expense by $2,500.
- More specific-to-real-estate coverage — Open House and Showings coverage, Lockbox, Pollution/Mold, Fair Housing, and more. (It’s not a generic E&O policy used for many industries.)
Your coverage is portable, so no matter what company you work for, we’ve got you covered.
Why Invest in Your Own Real Estate Errors and Omissions Insurance?
Even if you think you’re covered under your real estate company’s E&O policy . . .
- Your own policy ensures you don’t have coverage “gaps”. If you leave the company, your broker goes out of business, sells the business, stops making E&O payments, or doesn’t renew the E&O policy, you could be left unprotected. That will create a gap in E&O coverage for you — leaving you unprotected for past transactions (and current transactions until you get new E&O coverage). Can you really afford that risk?
- Your CRES E&O policy puts you first. Your company could exhaust its E&O claim limits for the year — leaving you to cover your own legal and judgment expenses. Or your broker could decide to hire an attorney — and bill you for the cost in the case of a lawsuit. (Yes, it does happen.) Your CRES E&O policy goes with you and protects you and your assets first, no matter what.
- You ensure your personal assets aren’t at risk. The average real estate lawsuit costs over $40,000 — with some costing in the millions. Every day that you talk with potential buyers and sellers without having E&O protection, you put yourself at tremendous risk. Even frivolous lawsuits, where you actually did nothing wrong, can cost you tens of thousands of dollars just to defend yourself. You have car insurance to protect yourself whether you caused the accident or not, don’t you?
- Have Pre-Claim Legal Advice available 7 days a week. Your CRES real estate E&O policy includes Pre-Claim Legal Services. Talk with a local legal expert to help you proactively resolve small issues before they turn into problems. You’ll get a guaranteed response within 4 hours or by next business day, with recommendations confirmed in writing! When have you had expert real estate attorneys on call — at no extra charge?
- Receive 25 Free Building Permit History Reports (a $99.95 value). Show potential buyers the presence or absence of permits right on your phone — and reduce your out-of-pocket claims costs by $2,500. 25 FREE Building Permit History Reports per policy year and discounts on additional reports.
- Cover Open Houses and Showings. What happens if someone falls or something is damaged during your next open house or showing? You could be liable for thousands of dollars in medical bills, or the costs of repairs or replacement.
- Reduce Your Out-of-Pocket Claims Costs. Purchase a CRES Qualified Home Warranty,* give your sellers up to an additional $50,000 in Seller’s E&O, help the listing sell faster and for more money, and reduce your E&O out-of-pocket claims expense up to $2,500*.
More about why you need individual Errors and Omissions protection
Looking for coverage for your California real estate office and agents?
California Real Estate E&O for Individuals
- $500,000 liability limits and a $2,500 Retention (out-of-pocket claims expense limit)
- Seller’s E&O Protection Plan to help you get more listings (included if Residential Real Estate activity is selected on policy)
- Open House and Showings coverage to cover injuries or property damage that may occur during open houses, showings or other selling activities
- Lockbox coverage for injuries and property damage related to your lockbox
- Pollution/Environmental coverage (including Mold)
- Fair Housing/Discrimination coverage for defense costs and damages
- Firms and Franchisors coverage as Additional Insureds
- Team/Non-Licensed Assistants coverage
- Coverage for Attorney’s Fees up to $500,000 (separate limit)
- “Broad Form” coverage with up to: $30,000 per subpoena, $20,000 per disciplinary proceeding, $25,000 per public relations event, $10,000 per claim for loss of earnings during legal proceedings, $15,000 per claim for non-profit director/officer activities, and $50,000 for cyber liability to hire experts and notify clients due to data breach.
- Add optional coverage for First Dollar Defense