Special Coverage for California Home Sellers
Disclosure Protection Plan is a comprehensive insurance and legal support plan that includes:
- Consultations with an experienced real estate attorney (three 30-minute consultations)
- Comprehensive Permit History Report to show permits on your property
- Custom Disclosures Library
- Disclosure Checklist
- $25,000 legal defense and damages protection if a buyer brings a claim against you
Disclosure Protection Plan covers your legal fees AND damages up to $25,000 for six months after the sale of your home for disclosed defects when selling your owner occupied, primary residence* in California.
The Plan is designed to protect sellers from buyer’s claims over actual or alleged disclosed structural defects.
Why Does a Seller Need Disclosure Protection Plan?
By purchasing Disclosure Protection Plan, you have the preparation and protection to stay out of legal trouble — and to make sure your home sells as smoothly as possible.
- A homeowner’s policy won’t help the seller after the sale
- A home warranty may offer coverage for systems and appliances, but it’s unlikely to cover structural issues. The amount of coverage is usually very limited and doesn’t provide legal help.
- Your real estate agent may have insurance, but it’s designed to protect them, not you.
Disclosure Protection Plan Benefits
Expert Legal Advice for California Real Estate Sellers
Real estate sales are complex and can generate questions that should be answered in consultation with an attorney — and not your agent. Disclosure Protection Plan includes three 30-minute legal consultations on transaction-related matters with an experienced real estate attorney.
A Permit History Report on Your Home!
Sellers often don’t remember the status of permits — and buyers make claims when they’re given the wrong information. As a result, 20% of real estate disclosure issues involve permits.
Sellers can reduce mistakes and disclosure issues by requesting a Permit History Report and providing it to the buyer. Reports include relevant data on the seller’s home including:
- Incomplete permits
- Completed permits
- Contractor names (if any)
- Description of the work
The Disclosure Library assists sellers in disclosing issues unique to their home. This is just a small sample of the available disclosures:
- Solar Panels
- Accessory Dwelling Unit (ADU)
- HERO Loans
- Seller Carryback Loan
- And many more
Be Sure You’re Covered so You Don’t Lose Your Equity Over a Disclosure Dispute
Disclosure Protection Plan costs you nothing until your home sells — and it’s conveniently paid through escrow. Just $299 to protect your equity and peace of mind.
Just complete the Pay through Escrow form below, Submit it, and we’ll do the rest!
Please contact our account specialists at ggb.lv2.cres.SellerSupport@ajg.com
or call (800) 880-2747 option 302 if you have any questions.
*Disclaimer: Disclosure Protection Plan is only available to sellers in California. Please read plan details and policy endorsement for coverage, limitations, benefits and exclusions. All coverage is subject to Underwriting and other qualifications. Certain restrictions apply.