At CRES Insurance Services, LLC we take the protection and security of the information provided to us by our customers, our members and visitors to the CRES Website seriously. Your privacy and your trust are important to us and we want to honor that trust by managing your information with the utmost respect.
This is the Website Privacy Statement of CRES Insurance Services, LLC, which shall include, without limitation the Home Page and all other pages of cresinsurance.com, cresdirect.com, cresprograms.com, and mandatorystateeando.com.
The following sets forth the principles we observe in ensuring and informing you of our process of collection and management of your information. The key elements to our commitment to privacy and data security practices are as follows:
What Information We Collect
We do not collect any personally identifiable information from you unless you voluntarily provide it, such as when you request a quote, send us an email, or fill out any other form on the site.
We also collect information that we need to underwrite and rate your policy. We may gather this information from sources other than your self. We gather nonpublic information about you from: Your quotation request, consumer reporting agencies, applications and other forms that you complete, and your business dealings with us.
This information that we collect may include: Name, address, phone number, birth date, email address, drivers license number, Social Security number, claims history, information about your business, credit report information, and information about mortgages and lien/lease holders.
As is the case when you visit most Websites, to administer our site, your visit triggers the automatic logging of certain anonymous information about your computer system such as the type of browser you use, the server name and your “IP” (Internet Protocol) address. When your web browser or email application requests a web page or email from another computer using the Internet, it automatically gives that computer the “address” where it should send the information. This is called your computer’s “IP address”. This address does not contain any personally identifiable information.
Cookie technology is employed on our Website. Cookies are used to further our customer service efforts for visitors and our members who use our Website, such as in tracking the pages that you visit while on our Website. In case you did not know, “cookies” are small text files sent by Web servers to be stored on the computers of Website users. These files often contain personalization settings or unique identifiers to keep track of your information and to help us understand the movements of users within and between Websites.
Information That We Disclose
CRES will not share your non-public personal information with third parties, except as permitted by law, and including:
- To service your insurance needs we share your information with insurance companies and their agents, including our affiliates, such as HISCO Home Warranty, First American Home Buyers Protection Corporation, or Old Republic Home Protection Company, Inc. Also, your name, address, telephone number, policy number, and coverage is shared with service providers to resolve claims. Any disclosure of information is done as permitted or required by law.
- To an insurance institution, agent, insurance-support organization or self-insurer to detect or prevent criminal activity, fraud, material misrepresentation or material nondisclosure in connection with insurance transactions.
- To a medical-care institution or medical professional for the purpose of verifying insurance coverage or benefits, informing an individual of a medical problem of which the individual may not be aware of, conducting operations or services audits, provided only such information is disclosed as is reasonably necessary to accomplish the foregoing purposes.
- To an insurance regulatory authority.
- To law enforcement or other governmental authority, pursuant to law.
- To groups for the purpose of conducting actuarial or research studies.
- To a person or company, including our affiliates (such as HISCO Home Warranty, First American Home Warranty Corporation (FAHW), or Old Republic Home Protection Company, Inc ), whose only use of such information will be in connection with the marketing of a product or service, provided: No medical-record information, privileged information, or personal information relating to an individual’s character, personal habits, mode of living, or general reputation is disclosed, and no classification derived from such information is disclosed; or the individual has been given an opportunity to indicate that he or she does not want personal information disclosed for marketing purposes and has given no indication that he or she does not want the information disclosed; and the person receiving such information agrees not to use it except in connection with the marketing of a product or service. If you would not like your personal information shared with a person, company, or affiliate for marketing purposes please email, write, or telephone us to indicate your preference: firstname.lastname@example.org; or 800-880-2747; or CRES Insurance Services, PO Box 29502 #69121, Las Vegas, NV 89126-9502.
- To an affiliate whose use of the information will be in connection with an audit of the insurance institution or agent, or the marketing of an insurance product or service.
- To a group policyholder for the purpose of reporting claims experience or conducting an audit of the insurance institution’s or agent’s operations or services, provided the information disclosed is reasonably necessary for the group policyholder to conduct the review or audit.
CRES does not disclose non-public personal financial information to non-affiliated third parties, except as allowed by law.
If you supply us with your email address, phone number, or postal address on-line, in a non-insurance related transaction, you may receive periodic emails, phone calls, or postal mailings from us with information on new products and services or upcoming events. If you do not wish to receive such emails, calls, or postal mailings please opt out where this option is available, or let us know by emailing us or writing to us at the address below. Please provide us with your exact name, postal address, phone number, and email address and we will be sure your name is removed from our list.
Information obtained from a report prepared by an insurance-support organization (any person who regularly engages, in whole or in part, in the business of assembling or collecting information about natural persons for the primary purpose of providing the information to an insurance institution or agent for insurance transactions) may be retained by the insurance-support organization and disclosed to other persons.
We may have to disclose, transfer, sell or assign your information obtained through this Website, or otherwise in our possession, to a third party as a result of a sale, merger, consolidation, change in control, transfer of substantial assets, reorganization or liquidation of CRES. We may also have to make information obtained through this Website, or otherwise in our possession, available to law enforcement personnel and agencies when requested to do so or as required by law.
Legal Basis for Processing Personal Data Under General Data Protection
If you are from the European Economic Area (EEA), CRES Insurance Services, LLC legal basis for
the Personal Data we collect and the specific context in which we collect it.
CRES Insurance Services, LLC may process your Personal Data because:
- We need to perform a contract with you
- You have given us permission to do so
- The processing is in our legitimate interests and it’s not overridden by your rights
- To comply with the law
How We Protect Your Information
We also want you, our visitors, to know that we take the security of your information very seriously and that we will use our best efforts to protect the files in our data system. We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards to guard your nonpublic personal information.
You need to know, however, that due to the open communicative nature of the Internet we cannot guarantee that communication between you and us, and between us and you, will be free from unauthorized access by third parties nor can we be responsible for information stolen from our servers or computer systems by information harvesting software which may have the ability to scrape data.
Right to Access and Correct, Amend or Delete Information
You have the right to have access to the information collected about you contained in our file, as well as the right to request that we correct, amend, or delete information that you feel is incorrect. If we agree with you, we will correct our information. If we disagree with you, you may submit a statement explaining what you feel is the correct information and why you disagree with the refusal to correct, amend or delete the information. We will include your statement in our file.
Links to Other Sites
We are not responsible for the availability of any other site to which this site links. We do not take responsibility for the contents, advertising, products, privacy policies or other material made available through any other site nor do we endorse other sites. Please direct your concerns to that other site’s appropriate contact.
Privacy Statement Changes
CRES Insurance Services does not take responsibility for the information collection, privacy or data security practices of sites linked from the CRES Website. Please review the privacy policies and practices of linked Websites before submitting information to those sites.
CRES Insurance Services, LLC is not an insurance company. Insurance policies offered by CRES Insurance Services, LLC to qualified applicants are underwritten by carriers who specialize in those types of insurance. Products offered by CRES may not be available in all states.
Your acceptance of this policy
By using this Website you signify your acceptance of our Privacy Statement. If you do not agree with this Statement, please do not use our site.
Questions About Our Privacy And Information Security Practices?
Please feel free to contact us and your inquiry will be addressed promptly: CRES Insurance Services | PO Box 29502 #69121 Las Vegas, NV 89126-9502 | email@example.com | 858.618.1648